You scrub your body with salt scrubs, you exfoliate your face with chemical peels, but what about the skin on top of your head? Yes, your scalp is skin. And while you give it a scrub every time you wash, it could use a little extra love...
Like all other skin on our body, the scalp also needs to breathe. It needs oxygen, moisture and nutrients. And since our hair is rooted in the scalp, it is rather important! Exfoliating provides all the same benefits for your hair and scalp as it does for your face.
6 benefits of scalp exfoliation:
1. Removes dead skin cells, excess oil and eliminates flakes
2. Can treat acne, white heads and other blemishes that can occur on the scalp
3. Can help prevent hair loss
4. Unclogs pores by removing build up
5. Can relieve irritated and itchy scalps caused by different scalp conditions
6. Promotes hair growth by stimulating the blood circulation of the scalp
Kerastase have home hair care products that cater to scalp care which back up the benefits of an in-salon scalp exfoliation. Depending on your overall concern, they help loosen buildup and stimulate healthy turnover on the surface of the scalp leaving a clean and fresh feeling whilst improving the condition and providing much needed nutrients.
For more information and a personalised scalp treatment tailored to you, please call 09 488 7204 for complimentary consultation.
Bella Figura is a brand new, upmarket, hair salon located in the thriving suburb of Takapuna, Auckland.
TUE: 9AM - 6PM
WED: 9AM - 6PM
THU: 9AM - 8PM (Late Night)
FRI: 9AM - 6PM
SAT: 9AM - 6PM